We are business leaders and tourism experts working together to make our city shine.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS: TOURISM AMBASSADOR FOR TOURISM RICHMOND
Tourism Richmond’s Tourism Ambassadors play an integral role in the level of service offered in our destination. They make a positive difference in the way visitors experience Richmond and British Columbia. Our knowledgeable Tourism Ambassadors share their wonderful energy, passion, and knowledge with visitors from the world over at the Visitor Centre in Steveston 364 days of the year, as well as at the stand-alone kiosk on Bayview Street, conventions, events, and high-traffic tourist areas throughout Richmond.
Now is your chance to share the love of your home town with visitors. We’re looking for friendly, outgoing, knowledgeable volunteers to give a warm Richmond welcome to visitors year-round.
Tourism Ambassadors will provide information about upcoming events in the area and show visitors why Richmond is one of the best places in the world to visit. They believe in the potential of tourism and their positive energy makes good things happen. Be a Richmond Tourism Ambassador and make a difference in the life of our community!
Ambassadors must be:
- A local Richmond resident
- Familiar with the local area
- Over 18 years old
- Fluent in English; second language an asset (Chinese—Mandarin or Cantonese, French, or German)
- Outgoing and friendly, love to engage with people
- Comfortable talking to people from around the world
- An excellent communicator with good listening skills
- Able to stand or walk for periods up to 4 hours
- Able to work during weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Committed to volunteering a minimum of 8 to 16 hours per month or minimum of 75 hours per year.
By volunteering as a Tourism Ambassador, you’ll get access to exclusive events hosted by Tourism Richmond, access to the highly-coveted Tourism Challenge Passport, and much, much more.
Once you are accepted by Tourism Richmond as a Tourism Ambassador, we will provide full training and a flexible schedule that works for you. We will continue to support you throughout your involvement with Tourism Richmond, where you can expect guidance and supervision to help perform your duties with confidence and skill.
How to Apply
It’s easy—simply send in your resume to Lori Gelz at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2020, with the subject line: Tourism Ambassador Application.
Looking for tourism jobs in BC? Check out the job board on go2hr.com.