We are business leaders and tourism experts working together to make our city shine.
- Specialist, Destination Development
Specialist, Destination Development
You have a passion for tourism and engaging with the community to create a best-in-class destination experience in Richmond, BC. You bring experience working in the tourism/hospitality industry and marketing skills. Reporting directly to the Director, Destination & Industry Development (D&ID), the role of the Specialist, Destination Development has many responsibilities:
You will manage and execute destination and experience development initiatives through all stages, from concept, development, execution, and marketing while ensuring they are in line with the destination brand.
Residents play a critical role in our destination experience and tourism brings many benefits to our city. The specialist will work with the Director to develop and execute programming and communications that engage and educate our city’s residents creating cheer leaders for tourism.
Our stakeholders and partners are key to our destination’s success. You will support the team to execute the stakeholder engagement and industry development plan that engages and empowers our stakeholders elevating Richmond as a destination.
And, visitor services is a key component to our destination experience. You will support the team to execute the new visitor services strategy that touches visitors through all stages of their trip, from planning, in-destination to post trip.
This varied and exciting role requires the ability to move between several tasks and projects related to, destination development, marketing, communications, customer service, event planning and administration duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project manage destination development and experiences initiatives
- Project manage resident engagement initiatives
- Marketing campaign coordination for D&ID initiatives, including liaising with agencies and partners
- Track, measure and report the performance of D&ID initiatives
- Assist the Director with strategies and planning
- Collaborate with key internal and external partners (e.g., provincial, regional, and city destination marketing organizations (DMOs), stakeholders, media and creative agencies, other suppliers) as required to execute projects
- Support the Cooperative Marketing Investment Program
- Assist with day-to-day stakeholder communications, servicing, and relations
- Event planning and coordination including events such as the year end celebration and AGM
- Support with visitor services
BUDGET & OTHER DUTIES
- Assist the Director in planning, managing, and updating marketing project budgets
- Perform administrative tasks such as creating POs, processing invoices etc.
- Participate in internal and external meetings and events as required
- CRM administration
- Some weekend and/or evening work may be required from time to time
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary education in tourism, marketing, communications, advertising, business administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years experience in a coordinator role within the tourism and hospitality sector
- Good knowledge/understanding of marketing, including social media and digital marketing
- Project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Open and approachable personality with the ability to form positive working relationships with fellow team members, stakeholders, partners and residents
- Willingness to work during evenings, weekend and holidays
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Mandarin or Cantonese second language an asset, but not a requirement
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to: Ceri Chong at email@example.com