We are business leaders and tourism experts working together to make our city shine.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Reporting To: Director, Destination and Industry Development
Status: 10-week contract at 32 hours per week.
You pride yourself in providing exceptional customer service and enjoy sharing your passion for Richmond with people from all over the world, in person and through digital platforms.
Reporting directly to Director, Destination and Industry Development, and assisting the Destination Experience Coordinator, the role of a Visitor Services Representative is to share all the great things that there are to see and do in Richmond with visitors and locals. As part of the Visitor Services team, you will provide day-to-day visitor services through social and digital channels, phone and face-to-face at the Visitor Information Kiosk in Steveston, pop-up locations around the city and as part of the mobile bike team that bike around Richmond engaging with visitors and locals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional visitor servicing by phone, email, social media and in-person in a prompt and timely manner
- Work at various locations including the visitor information kiosk in Steveston and pop-up locations around Richmond
- Provide mobile visitor services while biking and walking around Richmond
- Maintain well-informed, working knowledge of the attractions and services in the area
- Perform various administrative task related to visitor services, such as maintaining the BC stats input and inventory of brochures
- Assist visitors with accommodations, tours, ferry reservations etc. in response to visitor requests as needed/requested, by providing them with accurate information
- Assist the Destination Experience Coordinator in keeping brochure racks, retail displays and storage organized and well-stocked. Re-order brochures when necessary
- Accurately record visitor statistical data in accordance with Tourism Richmond specifications
- Assist the Destination Experience Coordinator in maintaining and updating files and reference materials for the Visitor Center on a continual basis
- Attend training events such as: in-service training, product knowledge, familiarization tours, and site visits
- Wear clean and well-maintained designated uniform and nametag while on shift
- Excellent interpersonal skills, telephone skills, digital messaging skills and organizational ability.
- Open and approachable personality with the ability to form positive working relationships with fellow team members, stakeholders, partners and residents
- Excellent knowledge of Richmond and tourism opportunities in the region an asset
- Experience in the tourism industry and sales an asset.
- Ability to speak a second language fluently an asset.
- Forward thinking, proactive, resourceful and a helpful attitude are a must
- Minimum of two years experience in a guest services or customer facing role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in the hospitality and tourism sector
- Willingness to work in different locations throughout the work week. For example, one day could be spent at the visitor kiosk, the next is biking around Richmond and the next day is at a pop-up visitor services location at a mall
- Willingness to work during evenings, weekend and holidays
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Second language is an asset
Please send resume and cover letter to Ceri Chong via email@example.com by June 16, 2021. We thank you for your interest in working for Tourism Richmond. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.