We are business leaders and tourism experts working together to make our city shine.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Reporting To: Director, Destination & Industry Development
Status: Permanent Full Time
You are a digitally savvy, guest service focused person with a passion for tourism, Richmond and engaging with the local community and visitors.
The coordinator will engage with Tourism Richmond Stakeholders by assisting the Destination & Industry Development team with the Stakeholder engagement strategy, processing new applications, updating website listings, compiling, and sending out eblasts, planning events and workshops and assisting in day-to-day admin tasks.
The coordinator will provide day-to-day visitor services through social and digital channels, phone and face-to-face (seasonally), and coordinate the Front Line Ambassadors program.
The coordinator will also assist the Destination & Industry Development team with destination and experience development projects and resident engagement projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide day to day stakeholder servicing
- Process new applications and provide onboarding orientation
- Manage stakeholder listings and online event calendar – approve and update when required
- Create content for Stakeholder newsletter, communications and invites
- Assist with coordination and outreach for experience passes and other experience development initiatives
- Plan Tourism Richmond Stakeholder events such as the year end celebration and AGM
- Work with Director, Destination & Industry Development on the stakeholder educational workshops series by booking venues, sending out invites etc.
- Admin for coop programs and other initiatives
Destination Development & Resident Engagement
- Assist with destination development projects
- Provide day to day Visitor Servicing (digital, phone, face to face) year-round from the administration office and Visitor Information Kiosk (seasonal)
- Seasonally work at various locations including the visitor information kiosk in Steveston, pop-up locations, as part of the mobile bike team and at the Tourism Richmond Administration Office
- Provide Visitor Services at events & conferences
- Coordination of summer mobile and kiosk team
- Coordination of Front Line Ambassador program and other ambassador programs
- Support the team where needed, for example planning events, stakeholder outreach and communications
- Participate in internal and external meetings and events as required
- CRM administration as required
- Some weekend and/or evening work may be required from time to time
- Perform administrative tasks such as creating POs, processing invoices etc.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary education in tourism, marketing, communications, advertising, business administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the hospitality, tourism, guest services or customer facing role desirable
- Open and approachable personality with the ability to form positive working relationships with fellow team members, stakeholders, partners and residents
- Understanding of digital marketing and platforms desirable
- Willingness to work in different locations throughout the work week. For example, one day could be spent at the visitor kiosk, the next is biking around Richmond and the next day is at a pop-up visitor services location at a mall and the next day at the Tourism Richmond admin office
- Willingness to work during evenings, weekend and holidays
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Mandarin or Cantonese second language an asset, but not a requirement
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to: Ceri Chong at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 30, 2021 with the subject line: Coordinator, Destination Experience.