We are business leaders and tourism experts working together to make our city shine.
Title: Visitor Information Counsellor
Reporting To: Manager, Visitor Services & Engagement
Status: Full-time summer student position
Tourism Richmond is looking for passionate service-oriented post-secondary students to welcome visitors to Richmond, assist with travel inquiries, directions, accommodation bookings and promotion of stakeholders and products at their Visitor Information Centre.
This is a full-time summer student position (30 to 40 hours/wk dependent upon Government funding) that requires applicants to be attending a Post-Secondary school on a full-time basis and who will be returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2018. Students must be available from mid-May until the end of August.
- A friendly, outgoing nature, flexible to changes
- Exceptional knowledge of Richmond and British Columbia
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service skills
- Strong sales skills and ability to meet sales targets
- Fluent in English (a second language is an asset especially French or Chinese).
- Strong organizational skills, be adaptable, resourceful, and a fast learner.
- Ability to interact and work well with people from other cultures
- Outgoing with ability to approach visitors in the field and engage them in conversation
- Excellent computer skills including email, internet and Excel knowledge are essential.
- This position includes work on weekends and public holidays.
KEY ACTIVITIES & DUTIES
- Promotion of Richmond and the Lower Mainland including attractions, activities and accommodations in an effort to encourage repeat visits and longer stays in Richmond.
- Customer service, team work, accurate record keeping, facility management, cash handling and balancing; tourism research; corporate communications (telephones, email, website updating) inventory control of collateral.
- Actively “sell” Richmond stakeholders and retail products to attain sales targets
- Additional administrative and functional requirements as they arise
Tourism Richmond Visitor Centre, 3811 Moncton Street, Richmond, BC.
- Improve your communication and presentation skills
- Share your pride in Richmond with visitors from around the world
- Meet new people and work with other dedicated tourism professionals
- Complimentary passes & familiarization tours to member businesses
Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your enthusiasm to: Lori Gelz - Manager, Visitor Services at Lgelz@tourismrichmond.com by April 30, 2018.
Looking for tourism jobs in BC? Check out the job board on go2hr.com.