We are business leaders and tourism experts working together to make our city shine.
POSITION: Manager, Business Development
Reporting to: CEO
Status: Permanent Full Time
Reporting directly to the CEO, this exciting role is pivotal for Tourism Richmond as we continue responding to ever-changing market conditions in our quest for innovation and excellence in Destination Marketing & Management.
The ideal candidate for the Manager, Business Development will be a connector, armed with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, who will seek incremental business wins for our stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be focused on impact, results, collaboration, and is creative and resourceful. The focus will be attracting the right meetings/conferences; as well as building alliances and partnerships that will have immediate impact.
- COLLABORATE: With Richmond hotel sales teams, uncover and create incremental opportunities to attract Meetings and Conferences
- STRATEGIZE: Build a strategic market development plan
- TARGET: Within the development plan, identify key target markets and potential clients/events that are a fit with Richmond
- PROSPECT: Based on the strategic direction and target markets, pursue potential clients to generate leads; and follow through on the leads by working with stakeholders to create compelling and attractive proposals
- FOLLOW UP: On prospective leads and proposals
- ATTRACT AND ORGANIZE: Client FAM/site visits and sales missions that will build excitement and interest
- CULTIVATE: The data in our CRM system – and MAINTAIN and UPDATE the platform to ensure maximum leverage
- BE AT THE FOREFRONT: Of industry trends and developments
- BUILD AND ACTIVATE Win-Win Strategic Partnerships (Global/National/Local) within the Tourism industry that will bring business to Richmond, e.g. airlines, ferries, etc.
- 7+ Years experience with a proven track record of smart and effective business development.
- Energetic, dynamic and articulate with superior presentation and communications skills – both written and verbal.
- A strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in CRM software would be an asset.
- Knowledge within the tourism industry is an asset.
- Bachelor Degree or post secondary degree in business, marketing, sales, tourism management or equivalent.
- Results oriented; adaptable; flexible; optimistic.
Some travel may be required, and evening/weekend work will be necessary from time to time.
Tourism Richmond offers a comprehensive benefits package, and a dynamic working environment. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Tourism Richmond’s CEO via email to email@example.com by September 13, 2019. We thank all applicants—only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Looking for tourism jobs in BC? Check out the job board on go2hr.com.