Tourism Richmond is currently hiring for the following positions:
Tourism Research Interviewer (Temporary Positions)
Employment Term: October 1 to October 31
Wage: starting $12 per hour (plus 4% vacation); 30 to 40 hours per week
Location: Richmond Area
As a tourism research interviewer, you will:
- Effectively approach and recruit visitors for participation in the research project;
- Conduct face-to-face interviews at different locations, including:
- Various hotels in Richmond
- Steveston area and businesses in Steveston
- Summer Night Market & Richmond Night Market
- Shopping Centres
- Locations for sports events
- Other major visitor attractions in Richmond
- Use iPad mini to collect data during the interviews;
- Perform other survey administration duties;
- Work effectively with another tourism researcher under the supervision of the Operations Manager;
- Provide regular updates (including descriptive data) about the progress of the survey;
- Evaluate field methods and make recommendations about the visitor survey;
- Agree to follow the Professional Guidelines for Researchers to ensure collection of high quality visitor data.
Candidates will have an opportunity to learn about research study design, survey coordination, and accurate data collection and entry techniques.
- Completion of high school and currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution (preferred);
- Knowledge of research and statistical methodologies;
- Good computer skills including working knowledge of internet and email, knowledge of palm-pilot technology an asset;
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills;
- Able to communicate in Mandarin or/and Cantonese is an asset;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Enthusiastic, personable and approachable;
- Available for the duration of the employment term and able to attend a two-day training session prior to the start of the research filed season;
- Willing to work a varied schedule that will include work on weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays.
Hours to be Committed:
- A minimum of 20 hours per work week; hours will vary across the week.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Carol Yeh via email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Looking for tourism jobs in BC? Check out the job board on go2hr.com.