We are business leaders and tourism experts working together to make our city shine.
VISITOR INFORMATION COUNSELLOR (2 Positions)
Reporting to: Manager, Visitor Services
Location: 3811 Moncton Street
Tourism Richmond is looking for passionate service-oriented students and/or young adults to welcome visitors to Richmond and Metro Vancouver and assist with travel inquiries, directions, itinerary planning, accommodation and attraction reservations and the promotion of stakeholders and their products from our main Visitor Information Centre in Steveston and off-site in a mobile setting.
This is a full-time summer contract position (30 to 40 hours/wk) supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program. Final contracted hours will be dependent upon successful Government funding. This contract is open to young adults and/or students under 30 years of age. Candidates must be available from mid-May until September.
- A friendly, outgoing nature, flexible to change
- Ability to work well under pressure in a busy tourism environment
- Exceptional knowledge of Richmond and British Columbia
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service skills
- Strong sales skills and ability to meet sales targets
- Fluent in English—a second language is an asset, especially French or Chinese.
- Strong organizational skills, be adaptable, resourceful, and a fast learner.
- Ability to interact and work well with people from other cultures
- Outgoing with ability to approach visitors either at the Visitor Centre or in a mobile environment and engage them in conversation
- Excellent computer skills including email, internet and Excel knowledge are essential
- This position includes work on weekends and public holidays
- Improve your communication, presentation skills and front-line customer service skills
- Share your pride in Richmond with visitors from around the world
- Meet new people and work with other dedicated tourism professionals
- Complimentary passes & familiarization tours to industry partners
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter outlining your qualification and enthusiasm to work in tourism to Lori Gelz at LGelz@tourismrichmond.com by April 26, 2019.
Looking for tourism jobs in BC? Check out the job board on go2hr.com.