Marketing and Industry Development Coordinator
Reporting To: Manager, Industry Development
Status: Permanent Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for a multi-talented Marketing Coordinator. You’ll have a broad marketing knowledge base and a proven track record in project coordination. You’re agile and can balance your work load and projects well, wearing many hats you can skip between projects and tasks with ease. You’ll have a passion for travel and tourism and enjoy building relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and agencies. You’re looking to gain experience in many marketing channels, including communications, digital, social and traditional marketing, as well as event planning, stakeholder relations and sales.
This position will assist the Industry Development department and the Marketing department with marketing project coordination, tool management, basic graphic design; stakeholder relations and administration tasks. The coordinator will have a broad marketing knowledge base, be a self-starter and the ability to move between several tasks and projects.
- Marketing campaign coordination
- Social media content coordination and posting
- Marketing project coordination
- Marketing asset management and coordination
- Event planning and coordination
Industry Development Coordination
- Support development of new tourism experiences and products
- Support with the Cooperative Marketing Investment Program
- Stakeholder communications, servicing and relations
- Administration including invoice reconciliation and PO processing
- CRM database administration
- Minimum 2 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Excellent knowledge/understanding of marketing, including social media and digital marketing is a must
- Proven experience coordinating projects
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Detail orientated and well organized
- Ability to work well under pressure and switch between tasks and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, telephone skills and organizational ability
- Customer relations management experience an asset
- Forward thinking, proactive, resourceful and a helpful attitude are a must
- Experience in the tourism industry an asset
- Mandarin an asset
Please forward your resume to Carol Yeh via email@example.com by January 31, 2018. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Looking for tourism jobs in BC? Check out the job board on go2hr.com.