RICHMOND, B.C. – Did you know there are over 20 different types of Asian dumplings? Dumplings come in all shapes and forms, from water-boiled, to deep-fried, steamed and even dessert dumplings. In Richmond, B.C. there is no shortage of dumplings to choose from and Tourism Richmond is inviting visitors to sample some of the delicious options that the city has to offer through a new tour, the Dumpling Trail.
“With over 800 restaurants in Richmond, dining choices can be overwhelming,” said Tracy Lakeman, CEO of Tourism Richmond. “We’ve carefully selected 15 eateries with some of the best dumplings, from upscale restaurants to hidden gems and food court stalls. These restaurants make up the Dumpling Trail, a walkable, self-guided tour that showcases Richmond as a culinary destination. Each location on the Trail offers unique varieties of dumplings and Tourism Richmond has identified some of the city’s best.”
Here’s a preview of our top picks:
- Su Hang Restaurant: Xiao long bao (soup dumplings) & water-boiled dumplings
- Shiang Garden: Har Gow (shrimp dumplings)
- Shibuyatei Sushi & Larmen: Japanese scallop gyoza
- Golden Sichuan Restaurant: Spicy Chinese dumplings
Richmond, B.C. is the culinary destination in North America to experience authentic Asian cuisine without the jet lag. Home to over 400 Asian restaurants, Richmond has been declared by influencers from The New York Times to Conde Nast Traveler as having “the best Chinese food outside of China.” The Dumpling Trail offers visitors the opportunity to explore Richmond’s food scene, while demystifying Asian cuisine in the city.
Tourism Richmond is offering participants who visit a Dumpling Trail restaurant a chance to win a fantastic prize package. Here’s how people can enter:
1. While at one of the Dumpling Trail restaurants, open up the Google Maps on your smartphone
2. Drop a pin on your location by long-tapping on the screen
3. Share your location via text (swipe up on the white bar to see options)
4. Choose share via text message and send it to us at 1-604-330-0808 (carrier and SMS charges may apply)
5. The more restaurants participants visit, the more chances they have to win!
All participants are then entered to win the following prize package, valued at up to $4,000:
- Return airfare (for two) to Richmond for the prize winner or a family member
- A two-night stay at a Richmond hotel
- An in depth guided Dumpling tour with a renowned Chinese food expert
For information on the Dumpling Trail including all contest rules and regulations, visit www.thedumplingtrail.com
About Tourism Richmond
Tourism Richmond is a non-profit, membership driven destination marketing organization (DMO) and British Columbia’s 4th largest. The primary mandate of Tourism Richmond is to enhance awareness about the destination through sales and marketing initiatives and by providing excellent visitor and member services. Ultimately, the organization’s goal is to increase economic activity related to the visitor economy for the City of Richmond and all stakeholders. In 2015, Richmond was visited by over 7.9 million international travellers of which over 2.8 million stayed overnight, spending $1.2 million dollars in our community.