Tourism Richmond launched several marketing and promotional campaigns this summer as the province moved to Step 2 and 3 of its re-opening plan. Our activities have continued as the Province (and country) have continued to re-open, and with the resumption of visitation from the US. Read on for an overview of our activities.
Visitor Reassurance Video
Once BC went to Step 2, we launched this video that showcases how Richmond businesses adapted and are ready to safely welcome visitors. We also created shorter edits of the video (e.g. :15 to :30 seconds) to promote via our social channels.
Still image from our Visitor Reassurance Video, this was captured at Lulu Island Winery.
Travel Afar. Near. in Richmond BC.
Our main campaign continued with the “Afar. Near” creative strategy, which highlights the unique experiences that Richmond has to offer while focusing on our key verticals (Food & Drink, Outdoor & Nature, Steveston), while during the summer also highlighting Richmond as a destination offering many family-friendly activities. The campaign has launched in the following markets:
- Metro Vancouver & Fraser Valley: June
- Rest of BC: July
- Alberta: August
- Washington State (focus on Seattle), Oregon (focus on Portland): September
The Campaign Media Plan is planned in alignment with our consumer path to purchase, with tactics dedicated to each phase.
- Inspire: Generate awareness and interest in Richmond BC as a travel destination, primarily via digital video (:15 and :30) on channels such as YouTube and Connected TV.
- Learn & Plan: Drive traffic to content that helps consumers learn more about Richmond and to plan their trip. Tactics include digital ads, paid social ads, sponsored content on platforms such as Daily Hive and Vancouver Is Awesome, and targeted ads on Expedia.
- Act: Motivate a next-step to help drive conversion and visitation – for example downloading Tourism Richmond’s Discovery Passport, which features special offers and discounts from our stakeholders. Tactics include paid search, paid social, and digital ads.
Campaign Creative Samples
- :15 Video, “Flavours”
- :30 Video, “Roam”
- Social Digital Ad (links to our campaign landing page)
- Social Digital Ad, promoting the Discovery Passport
Tourism Richmond - Air Canada Partner Campaign
In July, Tourism Richmond launched a campaign in partnership with Air Canada, with the objective of increasing flight bookings to Richmond this summer. The campaign focused on domestic markets, and used a combination of paid media tactics and Air Canada channels (e.g. Air Canada’s website, email, social channels) to promote Richmond. We are very excited to see the results of this campaign once it’s wrapped up, and to develop additional campaigns with Air Canada in the future.
Air Canada Campaign Creative
Discover Richmond Campaign on Air Canada Homepage and Air Canada E-Mail
Hotel Booking Campaign
This summer we are back in-market with a hotel booking campaign, in partnership with the Richmond Hotel Association. The campaign includes a AMEX gift card offer for making a booking at a participating Richmond hotel, and is using targeted digital and paid social ads to drive awareness and bookings. The paid advertising is focused on the BC market, and to date has generated over 600 bookings. The campaign booking deadline is August 30th, for hotel stays up to September 15th.
Tourism Richmond Social Campaign: #RichmondBCEats
This summer Tourism Richmond launched a social media campaign to encourage Richmond locals (and visitors) to support the local food and beverage industry in Richmond. From mid-June to mid-July we encouraged people to snap a photo of their picnic, takeout, patio or indoor dining experience for a chance to win restaurant vouchers. We received 330 entries over the duration of the campaign. We also introduced an influencer element to this campaign, where we invited local influencers visit Richmond eateries and showcase their experience and info on the competition.
Sample Tourism Richmond Posts: