Richmond, BC, Canada (April 7, 2014) - Tourism Richmond ushered in its new 12-member 2014 Board of Directors today, following the organization's Annual General Meeting at the Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre in Richmond.
"Tourism Richmond is not only widely recognized within the tourism industry as a model for Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) across the province, but also as a leader in its commitment to best practices as demonstrated by its ongoing international destination marketing accreditation," said Steve Veinot, Chair of Tourism Richmond's Board of Directors. "This Board of industry and community leaders will continue to carry the responsibility of increasing and driving tourism revenues for the economic benefit of Richmond and the province of British Columbia."
Currently there are over 300 member businesses associated with Tourism Richmond and a voting board of 12.
The Board of Directors provides overall leadership and strategic direction for the organization while monitoring organizational performance and ensuring Tourism Richmond's mandate is carried out.
Tourism Richmond's 2014/2015 Board includes:
• Chair: Steve Veinot (General Manager, Sheraton Vancouver Airport)
• Vice Chair: Wayne Duzita (Associate Vice President, Western Region, Aeroterm)
• Treasurer: Gary Collinge (General Manager, Hilton Vancouver Airport)
In alphabetical order, the remaining members of Tourism Richmond's Board of Directors:
• Catherine Volkering Carlile (General Manager, Community Services, City of Richmond)
• Michael Chiu (President, Mar-Con Wire Belt Inc.)
• Aspha Dada (General Manager, La Quinta Vancouver Airport)
• Roland Monteiro (General Manager, River Rock Casino Resort)
• Dave Semple (General Manager, Community Services, City of Richmond)
• Bruce Rozenhart (Principal, Counterpoint Communications)
• Yannick Simovich (General Manager, Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel)
• Joel Tkach (Manager, Passenger Marketing, Vancouver Airport Authority)
• Kathryn Warren (General Manager, Radisson Vancouver Airport)
About Tourism Richmond
Tourism Richmond is a non-profit, membership driven destination marketing organization (DMO). The primary mandate of Tourism Richmond is to enhance awareness about the destination through sales and marketing initiatives and by providing excellent visitor and member services. Ultimately, the organization's goal is to increase economic activity related to tourism for the City of Richmond and all stakeholders. In 2010, Tourism Richmond earned BC's DMO Professional Excellence Award and shared another two awards with the City of Richmond, the Sport Tourism Community Legacy Award at the annual BC Tourism Industry Awards, and the Community Excellence Award from the Union of BC Municipalities. Tourism Richmond is British Columbia's 4th largest DMO.
Director of Communications