Richmond, B.C., Canada (June 15, 2015) - Tourism Richmond is thrilled to announce that the winner of the recent My Richmond Book contest, with a prize package worth $8,400, is long-time Richmond resident, Christine Evans. By participating in the program and entering the contest, Mrs. Evans has won an all-expense-paid trip for two of her long distance family members to visit Richmond, British Columbia. Christmas 2015 will be a special event in the Evans' household when she will welcome her daughter, Jennifer Evans and Vaughan Colyer home from New Zealand.
"We couldn't have imagined a more deserving winner than Christine Evans who is a natural ambassador for Richmond, having volunteered and given back to the community for years," said Tracy Lakeman, CEO of Tourism Richmond. "Christine has raised her family in Richmond, loves the community and considers it natural to take visitors around to see all that the city has to offer. Family means everything to her and this Christmas she will finally have all of her children and grandchildren together for the first time in nine years and that is a priceless gift. Ultimately, we hope the My Richmond Book program inspired many locals to embrace their community and become tourism ambassadors for Richmond."
The $8,400 prize package includes:
• Flights for two to Richmond, BC Canada
• Five-night stay at The Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel
• Visa Gift Card
• Richmond Centre Gift Card
• Su Hang Restaurant Gift Card
• Legends Pub & Restaurant Gift Card
• Harold's Bistro and Bar Gift Card
• Chef Hung Taiwanese Noodle Gift Card
• Steveston Coffee Company Gift Card
• Admission passes to the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Historic Site
• Admission passes to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
• Admission passes to Stanley Park Horse-Drawn Tours
• Admission passes to the Vancouver Aquarium
• Admission passes to the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Chinese Garden
• Admission passes to the Vancouver Trolley Hop-On Hop-off Sightseeing
"Tourism Richmond understands the value of tourism to our community from job creation and economic impacts to simply enjoying what our own city has to offer," said Tracy Lakeman, CEO of Tourism Richmond. "The organization is grateful for the community's support of the My Richmond Book program which was designed to invite Richmond residents to explore our city and see it with fresh eyes as a visitor would." Stay tuned for details on when the program returns in 2016.
About Tourism Richmond
Tourism Richmond is a non-profit, membership driven destination marketing organization (DMO). The primary mandate of Tourism Richmond is to enhance awareness about the destination through sales and marketing initiatives and by providing excellent visitor and member services. Ultimately, the organization's goal is to increase economic activity related to tourism for the City of Richmond and all stakeholders. Tourism Richmond is British Columbia's 4th largest DMO.