Royal BC Museum Presents Terry Fox: Running to the Heart of Canada
- Dates: April 12, 2017 - October 1, 2017
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Time: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Location: Royal BC Museum
- Address: 675 Belleville Street, Victoria, BC V8W 9W2
- Phone: 188.844.7797
Celebrate the achievements of one of Canada’s greatest heroes. At the age of 18 Terry Fox lost part of his right leg to bone cancer. The loss didn’t diminish his drive or courage; in fact, it inspired greatness. Once he recovered, this young man from Port Coquitlam, BC set out to run across Canada in what he called a “Marathon of Hope” to raise money for cancer research. In the summer of 1980 Terry began his 143-day, 5,300 kilometre journey. Come explore the story of a young man who inspired a nation and established himself as a Canadian hero through his courage, hope and determination.