Pacific. Authentic. Scholarship Program
The Pacific. Authentic. Scholarship has paused applications for 2021. Please check back on a regular basis for up-to-date information, or contact Ceri Chong at email@example.com
Mentorship. Financing. Investment. Tourism. What do these things have in common? They’re all found in the Pacific. Authentic. Scholarship, offered by Tourism Richmond.
The objective of the Pacific. Authentic. Scholarship is to support the growth of Richmond’s tourism industry, not only by investing financially, but also by being actively involved in the initiative through mentoring stakeholders to deepen their travel industry expertise, and to also expand their marketing capabilities.
Successful applicants will receive up to $20,000 funding, which can be used towards the development and marketing of a new partnered tourism experience. Along with the funding, Tourism Richmond will aid in project management, marketing coaching and support.
How to Qualify
To qualify for the Pacific. Authentic. Scholarship, the initiative must meet the following criteria:
- Be a new, or less than 12 months old, partnered tourism experience based in Richmond. If an existing experience/attraction, the experience must be enhanced in some way.
- Must be a partnered experience/initiative involving investment from two or more tourism-primary businesses/organizations based in Richmond.
- All partners must allot dedicated time to the initiative
- Must have a business strategy
- Aim to be export ready in two years
- Have one call to action – one landing page, one creative, one concept that unifies partners
- Marketing must be trackable – preferably digital, however traditional marketing will be considered
- Align with Tourism Richmond’s strategic plan and target markets (British Columbia (excluding the Lower Mainland), Alberta, Washington State and China). Some budget will be allocated to local advertising within the first 24 months.
- Attracts incremental visitors from outside the local area
- Operates in the shoulder season as well as peak season
Partners are required to collaborate on all aspects of the initiative, from marketing planning and execution to business development.
Application and Selection Process
Please include as much supporting information regarding your initiative and its business and marketing plan as you have available. Tourism Richmond will select the initiative that shows the most potential to attract incremental visitors from outside the local area, during both peak and shoulder seasons.
Please note there are a limited number of scholarships available.
Scholarship Winners Include:
- The Steveston Heritage Experience (2018)
- Mystery Towns – Richmond (2020)
- Authentic Asian Eats by Vancouver Foodie Tours (2020)