Details

Tram Car 1220 is located in the heart of Steveston Village.

Built in 1913 by the St Louis Car Company the 1220 was brought to the Lower Mainland with 27 other cars and contributed to the development of Richmond’s city centre. The trams and the people who worked on them became an important part of the community.

The trams did not survive the post-war prosperity that led to an explosion in the number of cars on the roads. On February 28, 1958, the final tramcar rolled the rails between Marpole and Steveston, marking the end of an era for the Richmond community.

Starting on September 9, the Tram will be reopening, Thurs-Sun 12:00-4:00pm.

TripAdvisor
Loading TripAdvisor...
Amenities
Accessibility
  • Vehicle Parking:
  • Bike Parking:
  • Wheelchair Accessible:
Demographics
  • Good for Couples:
  • Family Friendly:
  • Good for Kids:
  • Good for Groups:
Payment Accepted
  • Free:
Features
  • Free WIFI in Public Areas:
Duration
  • 0.5 hour:
  • 1 hour:
Language
  • Language:
    • English