Thank you for your interest in the Patio enhancement Program, we are no longer accepting applications.
As we head into warmer weather, there is an increasing demand for safe outdoor dining options. Patios are becoming more popular as people look forward to dining out with their immediate family or social bubble. As a result, Tourism Richmond has created the Patio Enhancement Program offering grants to support local restaurants as they pivot to patios.
The Patio Enhancement Program is available to Richmond restaurants who have incurred additional costs to upgrade, enhance an existing patio, or to establish a new temporary patio.
There are 25 $1,000 grants available on a first come first serve basis.
- Applicant will fill out and submit an application form
- Tourism Richmond will evaluate the application and approve or deny funding
- Tourism Richmond will notify the applicant in writing, and provide the applicant with the project completion form
- When the project is complete, and all expenses have been paid (by the applicant), the applicant will complete the project completion form and sent that along with supporting receipts to Tourism Richmond
- Tourism Richmond will evaluate and process the payment to the applicant
ELIGIBILITY, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS
- One application is permitted per business
- Funding is available to any Richmond restaurant/food and drink outlet with a valid Richmond Business license and patio permit
- Restaurants do not need to be a stakeholder of Tourism Richmond; however, they can apply to be come a stakeholder for free here and receive a listing on VisitRichmondBC.com and the Richmond Patios
- Funding will be provided up to $1,000 inclusive of taxes
- Funding is available for expenses already incurred dating back to March 17, 2021
- Funding is available for forthcoming eligible expenses that will be finalized before July 31, 2021.
- Funding is only for expenses related to the patio. Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Patio heaters
- Décor for the patio
- Acrylic or plexiglass dividers for use on the patio
- Umbrellas and tenting
- Signage supporting health and safety measures for the patio
- Ineligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Operational costs, such as wages, rent, insurance
- Marketing expenses, such as Facebook ads, Google ads, influencer marketing, social media boosted posts
- The applicant is required to submit a completion form, and submit receipts of payment for the expense incurred
- Payment of funds will be provided after the expense occurs and project completion form and supporting receipts have been submitted
- Applications will be accepted until June 16, 2021 or until funds have been allocated
- Completion form and supporting documents must be submitted by September 15, 2021.
- Successful applicants should display ‘in partnership with Tourism Richmond’ branding or messaging on patio which will be supplied to them by Tourism Richmond
READY TO APPLY?
To apply for a Patio Enhancement Program, please fill in the application form below. If you cannot see the application, you can click here to access it externally.The form is best viewed on desktop or tablet. We recommend completing the application form on a desktop or tablet for the optimal experience.