Steveston Heritage Experience in Richmond, BC
Explore Richmond’s past—and savour some delicious treats!
On the banks of the mighty Fraser River, picture-perfect Steveston is a charming village of boutique shops, fish and chip emporiums and scenic boardwalks strolls. But behind the vintage, bright-painted façades, stories of a salty and colourful past are just waiting to be told.
The brand new Steveston Heritage Experience leads you back in time on an interactive walking tour, stopping at four celebrated historic attractions—Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site, the Steveston Interurban Tram, Steveston Museum, and the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site. Along the way, you’ll hear eye-opening tales of yesteryear village life, as told by a chatty fisherman who seems to have just stepped from the streets of 1914.
But that’s not all. Carefully chosen food and beverage tastings will be served, offering a taste of life back in 1914—culminating with a popular dish of that day (and today!), delicious seafood chowder from local favourite Pajo's, along with a craft brew from Steveston’s Britannia Brewing. It’s the perfect way to travel back in time while keeping your taste buds fully entertained.
You’ll start at Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site, stopping in turn at the Steveston Interurban Tram, Steveston Museum, and the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site before returning to the Shipyards. Bus transportation is provided between Britannia Shipyards and Steveston Village and then back to Britannia Shipyards; within the village the tour will include a short stroll between sites.
Optional transportation is available from the Landsowne Canada Line Station free of charge, to guarantee pick up this must be requested at time of booking.
- Must be over 19 years of age
- Free Parking is available at Britannia Shipyards for duration of tour
- Arrive at meeting point (the Britannia Shipyards Visitor Centre) 15 minutes before tour start time
- Please note there are no alternatives to the food tastings that will be served throughout the route, and offerings may change without notice
- Tour takes approximately 4 hours
- Please wear suitable clothing and footwear as parts of the tour require walking short distances and standing for an extended period
- Tour will run in rain or shine!
- Maximum Tour capacity is 21
Tickets cost $80 per person + tax, and numbers are strictly limited—book ahead to avoid disappointment.
- Saturday, April 27th 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Saturday, May 25th 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Saturday, June 15th 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Saturday, July 13th 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Saturday, August 17th 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Saturday, September 14th 2:00pm - 6:00pm
If you would like to reserve a spot on the 2019 tours, please email email@example.com specifying which date. Online booking coming soon.