Steveston Heritage Experience in Richmond, BC
Explore Richmond’s past—and savour some delicious treats!
Experience the sights and stories of Steveston’s colourful past on an interactive, guided walking tour that includes samples of old-time flavours—such as seafood chowder from local favourite Pajo's Fish & Chips and a craft beer from Steveston’s Britannia Brewing. Along the way, you’ll hear eye-opening tales of yesteryear village life.
The tour stops at four celebrated historic attractions:
The 2019 tour is now over for the season. Please check back soon for updates.
You’ll start at Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site, stopping in turn at the Steveston Interurban Tram, Steveston Museum, and the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site before returning to the Shipyards. Bus transportation is provided between Britannia Shipyards and Steveston Village and then back to Britannia Shipyards; within the village the tour will include a short stroll between sites.
- Must be over 19 years of age
- Free Parking is available at Britannia Shipyards for duration of tour
- Arrive at meeting point (the Murakami Boatworks at Britannia Shipyards) 15 minutes before tour start time
- Please note there are no alternatives to the food tastings that will be served throughout the route, and offerings may change without notice
- Tour takes approximately 3 hours
- Please wear suitable clothing and footwear as parts of the tour require walking short distances and standing for an extended period
- Tour will run in rain or shine!
- Maximum Tour capacity is 20