Know Before You Go
British Columbia is now in Phase 3 of the Restart Plan, which includes the smart, safe and respectful return of travel and tourism. Like other activities during the pandemic, vacations and travel are different this year—so taking some time to plan ahead will help you make the most of your visit.
- Destination British Columbia has put together information and resources on things to consider when planning your trip here: hellobc.com/what-you-need-to-know.
- Another great resource to help you plan ahead and make the most of your trip is Destination British Columbia’s 10 Ways to Travel Safely and Responsibly in BC.
- Further details on Phase 3, including the provincial government’s guidelines for travel, and be found here.
- Information on the City of Richmond’s multi-step approach to restoring programs and services during COVID-19 is available here.
TIPS FOR TRAVELLING IN RICHMOND
We are excited and ready to welcome visitors back to Richmond! We encourage you to continue to do your part to make travel safe and enjoyable.
- Take extra time to research and plan your trip in advance—many businesses including restaurants and attractions have adopted new protocols and made changes to their schedules and policies to ensure your safety.
- Consider travelling in a smaller group this summer to make it easier for you to practice physical distancing in public.
- Pack your own essentials such as hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks. While some businesses and destinations may supply these for visitors, it’s not a guarantee.
- Support local businesses—they're eager to welcome you back this summer and your support is more crucial than ever.
- Be calm, be patient, and be kind.