Know Before You Go
At this time, all non-essential travel should be avoided. Let’s do our part by following provincial health orders, staying local and supporting local businesses. When it is safe to resume travel, we encourage you to take some time to plan ahead so that you make the most of your visit.
- For more information about the current Provincial Health Orders, click here.
- Destination British Columbia has put together information and resources on things to consider when planning your trip here: hellobc.com/what-you-need-to-know.
- Another great resource to help you plan ahead and make the most of your trip is Destination British Columbia’s 10 Ways to Travel Safely and Responsibly in BC.
- Further details on the provincial government’s guidelines for travel, and be found here.
- Information on the City of Richmond’s multi-step approach to restoring programs and services during COVID-19 is available here.
TIPS FOR TRAVELLING IN RICHMOND
We look forward to welcoming visitors back to Richmond soon. Once it's safe to start travelling again, we encourage you to do your part to make travel safe and enjoyable.
- Take extra time to research and plan your trip in advance—many businesses including restaurants and attractions have adopted new protocols and made changes to their schedules and policies to ensure your safety.
- Consider travelling in a smaller group this spring to make it easier for you to practice physical distancing in public.
- Pack your own essentials such as hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks. While some businesses and destinations may supply these for visitors, it’s not a guarantee.
- Support local businesses—they're eager to welcome you and your support is more crucial than ever.
- Be calm, be patient, and be kind.