Sit back and relax in Richmond, BC
Enjoy our city from the comfort of your own home.
Once a city of mainly agriculture and fishing, Richmond has given rise to many emerging artists and now boasts a burgeoning creative community. Richmond’s art and history is largely influenced by the city’s multiculturalism, geographical location, and inspiring natural landscape.
Immerse yourself in history and you’ll discover that Richmond’s roots are as dynamic and fascinating as the city we know it as today. Take a virtual tour of some of Richmond’s museums and historic sites, and prepare to be amazed.
360 TOUR OF BRITANNIA SHIPYARDS NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
Take a 360-degree tour and learn more about the exhibits at this National Historic Site.
Click here for tours of the Seine Net Loft, Murakami House, Chinese Bunkhouse, and more.
GULF OF GEORGIA NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE
Learn about the history of BC fishing and canning from The Tides to Tins virtual exhibit. Discover the canning process, play the Build Your Own Cannery Game, and more.
Click here to view in English or French.
Discover the story of the BC Packers (once the largest fishing and fish processing company in British Columbia) through the online exhibit: In Their Words: The Story of BC Packers.
Click here to view the online exhibit.
There are a number of ways to enjoy the arts from home. You can:
- Take part in one of the Richmond Art Gallery's upcoming RAG @Home events.
- Check out the Richmond Art Gallery's @RAG @ Home videos that include virtual exhibits and discussions with artists.
- Grab some popcorn and watch one of the many movies and TV shows that were filmed right here in Richmond.
- View pubic art. Did you know that Richmond has over 200 pieces of public art? You can see all of the pieces and their locations on the public art registry.
- Discover what it feels like to perform in a professional show at the Gateway Theatre. These local Gateway actors tell you all about it along with their favourite things to eat and do in Richmond!
- Immerse yourself in the wondrous world of musicals this holiday season! 'Home for the Holidays' features the return of beloved Gateway Theatre performers and songs from the best musicals to ever grace their stage. Gather safely with family and cozy up at home with timeless classics from 'Annie', 'The Wizard of Oz', 'The Sound of Music' and more!
Fitness, Lifestyle, and Wellness
Looking for ways to keep fit and healthy?
- The Richmond Olympic Oval is offering OVALfit Virtual Personal Training and Nutrition Services, as well as Group Fitness Classes on Facebook and Instagram to keep your heart and soul pumping!
- Bodhi Meditation has a FREE hour-long Relaxation Session available on YouTube, which includes a 30-minute relaxation meditation and an energy healing session. This session helps reduce anxiety and stress.
- The City of Richmond is offering live stream fitness videos, anti-boredom challenges, and more for residents of all ages via Richmond Connects.
- The Richmond Public Library is offering free, virtual storytelling sessions for families as well conversation circles, health talks and more. Click here to view the schedule.