New funding and Event Support for Winter in the Village Activations and Programming
Steveston’s festive Winter in the Village was identified as a key event in the Steveston Tourism Plan to boost December visitation to Steveston and Richmond, and support year-round business viability.
To help our community enhance and grow the village’s festive offering we are pleased to introduce two new programs to support the launch of new activations and to enhance or provide event planning support to existing ones.
Winter in the Village Event Planning Assistance
Do you need assistance planning your event, or maybe you are looking for some new ideas to enhance your Winter in the Village event?
Tourism Richmond has partnered with Imagine that Events to offer Winter in the Village partners assistance with:
- Planning your event
- Bringing new ideas to your event
- Hosting your event (fees may apply)
This assistance is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. To apply, you must fill out an application form, please contact us for the form.
Winter in the Village Experience Sponsorship
Tourism Richmond would like to sponsor new or enhance existing Winter in the Village special events, programming, and things to do. If there is something you, your business, or society has always wanted to do (new, or adding to an existing event), yet have not had the funding available then now is your chance to receive funding for that idea!
The sponsorship funding can be used for the following:
- Enhancement of existing Steveston-based initiatives happening in December.
- New initiatives that celebrate the local community and the festive atmosphere of the village in December.
Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
• Event planning costs
• Printing of physical materials
• Equipment/furniture rentals
• Venue rental costs
• Marketing of the initiative
• Food and beverages related to hosting the event. E.g., hot chocolate
• Event-related giveaways and raffle items
• Staff wages
• Food and drink for staff/ volunteer subsistence
• Licenses and legal costs
• Building and infrastructure upgrades
For guidelines and the application form please contact us.
If you have any questions, have an idea but are not sure if it is eligible, or would like an application form contact: