HIGHLIGHTS FROM TOURISM RICHMOND’S MARKETING TEAM
Destination Brand Campaign Launched
Our destination brand campaign launched in April, with a range of tactics intended to increase awareness, consideration, and planning of leisure travel to Richmond. Campaign media tactics include digital video, digital banner ads, paid social media, and paid search in our key markets (BC, Alberta, Washington State, Ontario). The campaign messaging continues to be “Pacific People. Authentic Welcome”, which was launched late last year.
Recent executions include digital and print content with the Seattle Times, which highlighted Richmond’s diverse and world-class culinary scene, as well as the Richmond Night Market.
Expedia Campaign Launched
The 2022 brand campaign includes customized destination landing pages for Richmond on Expedia’s Canadian and US sites, supported by paid media targeting travellers that are actively planning trips to BC from key markets such as Washington State, Ontario, and Portland.
- Richmond BC is included on Destination Canada’s “Canada hub” site within Expedia.ca.
- We also have a city landing page on Expedia’s US site.
Spot Prawn & Seafood Celebration
In May the Marketing Team launched paid and earned media programs to support the first-ever Steveston Spot Prawn & Seafood Celebration! Activities to support the Celebration included:
- A series of blog posts about the Celebration, Steveston’s fishers, and the local chefs taking part in the ‘Dine About’ program.
- Sponsored content and digital advertising with Global BC and Daily Hive Vancouver, to help engage local audiences in the Celebration.
- A contest on social media with a prize of gift certificates to a restaurant participating in the Dine About program. The contest post received 3,300 engagements (like or comments) on Instagram and Facebook, over 7,400 impressions, and increased our following by 170.
- A photo shoot at Fisherman’s Wharf and with Steveston restaurants participating in the Dine About program, provide assets for this year’s (and future) campaigns.
- Earned media program in partnership with a with a PR agency (The Social Agency), which resulted in coverage with media such as Global News, Vancouver is Awesome, and Vancouver Magazine.