Asia’s night markets are all-night extravaganzas of tastes, smells and sounds. But you don’t have to journey far to indulge in this epic tradition. Join us for the Richmond Night Market, the largest in North America. Devour crab meat noodles, BBQ squid, ramen, Japanese poutine, Brazilian pastries, spare ribs, sushi, Afghan bolani, even sausage in a waffle cone—with 70 food and 100 retail stalls; you’ll be rapt, awestruck and always very well fed.
Jump feet-first into the Night Market
Through the laughter of friends and the sizzle of fresh food being cooked right before your eyes, the sounds of nightly live entertainment cut through the din. As you weave through throngs of market-goers, keep a sharp eye out for retailers selling handmade clothing, colourful cell phone cases, authentic silks, and much more–all for street-side prices. Welcome to the Richmond Night Market.
- Be prepared for lineups. You might want to consider the transferrable Zoom Pass for express entrance. COVID-19 protocols are in place, so please be mindful of distancing.
- Have cash. The Night Market is primarily cash-only. There are ATMs on site, if you forget.
- Ride the SkyTrain. Night Market parking is free but very popular. Hop on the Canada Line SkyTrain to Bridgeport Station and walk west along River Road for 5 minutes to skip parking stress.
- Wear layers. It’s the west coast (“wet coast”—layers are always advisable).
- Check for updates. Their Facebook page is always current.
MARKET HOURS & DATES
Opening Date: April 29 – October 10, 2022
Tentative 2023 dates: April 28–October 15
Hours: Friday 7:00PM – 12:00AM
Saturday 7:00PM – 12:00AM
Sunday and Stat Holidays, 7:00PM – 11:00PM
*Please note that dates and opening times are subject to change depending on the weather.
General – $7
Express Pass – $35
Children (under 7 years) – FREE
Senior (60+ years) – FREE